For Chris and Amy’s engagement photos, they decided to do a super casual photo session around their home. They love their neighbourhood in Mile-End and their backyard is one of their favourite places to be! As Amy says, it’s zen AF! So why not capture those everyday vibes with at-home engagement photos?
They also wanted to get a few shots of Amy riding on the back of Chris’s wheelchair as they cruised down their street!
After Chris and Amy emailed me about shooting their wedding, we first met at Dispatch Coffee to get to know each other. I found out they are fans of video games, trivia nights, gardening, Hawaiian shirts, fun music and funky colours!
I had such a blast taking their engagement photos and getting to know this sweet and down-to-earth couple!
Doing an at-home photoshoot is one of the best ideas for pre-wedding photos! It’s such an easy way to get photos that feel genuine and intimate. Your engagement photos will reflect your real life together.
5 advantages of at-home engagement photos:
- You will feel more relaxed because you’re in your comfort zone (and you don’t even need to brave the outside world).
- You don’t have to worry about the weather– rain or shine, your home can be your cozy bubble.
- I can capture the unique quirks of your home and your favourite hangout spots so you can look back on the photos as a kind of time capsule as the years go by.
- You can easily include your pets if you have some. They are a big part of your life!
- With my documentary approach, we can capture you two doing some activities you love (whether that’s cooking together in the kitchen with some good music, playing a board game with your favourite snacks, or just browsing on your phones as you cuddle on the couch…as we all do!). Natural moments make for the best memories!
Here’s some more favourites from Amy and Chris’s casual engagement photo session at home:
Tune in soon for the story of their intimate rooftop wedding at Santropol Roulant!
More couples who kept things personal with engagement sessions close to home:
- Marie-Hélène and Louis with their engagement photos in the Plateau
- Brian and Kaysy’s backyard garden photos
- Alice and Sandra’s neighbourhood photos in Villeray
Get in touch
Intrigued by the idea of doing at-home engagement photos? Send me a message and let’s start planning a photo session that reflects your own life.